Friday, April 14, 2006

wow i'm stressed

My sis and her husband and their three darling kids are here, and I love Love LOVE to be with them, but it hit me again last night on the way home from my parents' house, where all the visitors are staying, that

I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO.

And so little mental capacity to get it all done. At 9:10 this morning I ran out the door to my office, which I had just run into to get my milk from the fridge so that I'd have something to pour over my cereal that I planned to eat while the Tahitian teacher filled out the 20-minute survey that was the main purpose of our 9am meeting, which you'll notice, I was late to, and I just realized just now that I left the rest of my milk in the fridge in the other office when I ran back out of there to get back to this office to get things together to go to my parents' house and play with the kids for the day so that my mom doesn't go nuts with all those active kids. :)

And I said to my coworker, as I ran out at 9:10, "I feel like my life is in a downward spiral of unproductivity and disorganization."

Something needs to change. So I think I'll take a week of from blogging and gChatting. Will anyone notice? :) We'll see how that goes, but I am just crazily desperate to get things done that need to get done, and it is not happening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll notice, and I'll miss you. But I won't try and stop you. Go productive Margaret-o!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, that downward spiral. Its a painful one that will never gain approval as a Disney theme park ride. Such are the adventures of life I suppose.

If you need a new gallon of milk, give me a hollar and I'll bring one over ASAP (the grocer knows whenver I'm in that loop I end up eatting pickles and applesauce because that's all I have).

Best wishes on your organizational, prioritization, and thesiszing!

Anonymous said...

I've been lax in my blog reading duties but I would TOTES notice if you were not on gchat. Then again, I shouldn't be either, because my "move"? It's, like, pretend at this point, I'm so behind.