Friday, February 16, 2007

DYM should try this game for Laylee's faerie party

Speaking of four-year-olds and sugar and "best ever" and "orbiting patterns," I feel like I should tell you all about the game I played once with my 27-yr-old bro-in-law and several young nieces and nephews. (The BIL is not the dad of these kids.) (Or any kids, for that matter.) It consisted of one of us sitting in the middle of the room and the others running in a circle, or, shall we say, "orbiting pattern," around them, chanting "ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow."

You should get rid of your TV so that you, too, can create treasured family memories like this one.

3 comments:

Kathryn Thompson said...

Can I seriously use this or do you have some sort of a trademark on the game?

Janell said...

The world forbid anyone ever take the time to turn off the tv and spend time with kids ;)

I love the phrase "orbiting pattern" applied to kids. I hereby adopt it into the lingo of Janell. =)

Unknown said...

sounds like fun. Maybe I should do it-- then the annoying noises that drive me crazy will just all be a part of a fun game. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?