Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Déjà vu

I just had a déjà vu - one of those moments when what you are doing/saying/hearing/seeing feels very familiar, like you've "already seen" that moment. I was typing an email for work, about coordinating between two timekeeping systems, listening to "In the Highways," from the "O Brother, where art thou?" soundtrack, and suddenly it all felt familiar.

I like that feeling; it makes me feel like I have intersected a moment of eternity - like I am in the right place, at the right time, doing the right things.

That probably sounds really superstitious, but it was such a nice peacefully familiar feeling that I thought I'd share.

3 comments:

KATE said...

I love those moments too! They do the same for me! I always feel like if nothing else at that moment I'm at the right place doing the right thing! How cool! I'm glad you felt that way!

Love you tons!!

Unknown said...

that's so funny. J thinks exactly the same thing about deja vu... that it means he is in the right place at the right time. I always think it means I have sort of transcended time at some point during my dreams or daydreams...

Josh said...

It is always a relieving feeling to know you are on the right track. I wonder how many other people feel the same way, out of those that believe in an eternal scheme and those that don't.