Monday, January 08, 2007

It's nice to have a different answer to give.

So in my world, everyone knows that I'm working on my thesis, and everyone ALSO knows that I have been working on it for a really, really long time. So in my world, one of the first things old friends ask me when they see me is, "How's the thesis?" And for the past 2 years, my standard response has been to kind of jokingly growl under my breath and say, "oh, ya know, it's comin' along."

BUT NOT ANYMORE, PEOPLE!

Classes started at the university again today, and even tho I'm not taking classes, I was on campus doing paperwork, so I saw a couple of friends that I haven't seen in a while, and, predictably, they asked, "How's the thesis?"

And I took a deep breath and said, "I defend on Wednesday!"

And to say that it felt "good" to give that answer is only just a titch of an understatement. ;)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh gosh, you are so almost done. Can we throw a massive party when you're finito!

Danielle said...

"Massive party" would be a titch of an understatement!

CONGRATULATIONS, Margaret!!! One one day left and it's all over with - no more thesis!

HOORAY!!!!

Party on....

Unknown said...

Pretty soon the answer will be, "Oh, that old thing?" And you'll place a hardbound copy of it on your bottom shelf so as to enable it to collect a plethora of dust and childrens' random scribbles. And your name will be a palendrome: "Ms.____, MS."