Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Things that have made me feel like a grown-up recently...

...followed, in parentheses, by the reasons those same things also make me feel pathetic, lazy, or lame.
  1. buying a WHOLE BOOK of stamps to send Christmas thank you notes (I haven't sent, or written, them yet)
  2. passing my thesis defense with NO REVISIONS (it was a week ago and I still haven't finished the "no revisions" and collected the signatures I need to publish the *&#%@ thing)
  3. recognizing, and accepting!, that yes, Margaret, working "full time" DOES mean that I have to get up at a reasonable hour EVERY day and put in a full day's work EVERY day (that has NOT been my life pattern in recent years, which probably explains #2's parenthetical. And heck, probably #1's, too. And probably that whole "I understand eternity because that's how long it took me to write my thesis" thing, too. Ah well.)
So there you have it. What makes YOU feel like a grown-up?

2 comments:

Janell said...

Savings accounts with sufficient funds in them makes me feel like a grown-up =) Paying taxes goes along that same vein as well.

Heather said...

Putting a little person in time-out. :)