She makes the lists - the "to do" list, but breaks it up into "MUST do today" and "would be nice if it got done today," etc. And makes a schedule so she can stick to the list. I feel like I've worked on that.
BUT! The kicker is this - at the end of the day, she goes over the list and records her SUCCESSES from that day - the things she DID accomplish. And even if they weren't on any of the lists, she still wrote them down. The day can't be a total failure if you have a whole list of things you succeeded at!
And I am SO going to do this! I was thinking this weekend about how I need to stop focusing on what I am NOT getting done and pay more attention to what I AM getting done, just so I don't make myself mental. Accentuate the positive, baby! :)
So here's my "check me out with my productive self" list from yesterday:
- caught up with two of the dear friends I needed to catch up with
- gchatted with my sister in China!!
- read my scriptures
- made a key purchase that I needed to make
- printed out my masters project materials so I can hand them out to my evaluators
- contacted one evaluator
- exercised! :)
- made some progress on BOTH church assignments that I have
- did some advertising for my upcoming birthday party :)
- gchatted with Lauren :) :)
- wrote in my journal
- emailed a possible thesis completion schedule to my chair and got feedback on it
- went through my chair's feedback on my chapter 2 (erg)