Monday, February 27, 2006

I can't get enough of you, baby!

And when I say "baby," I mean "sleep." Just can't get enough of you. Er, it.

I have a friend who typically doesn't set an alarm to get up in the morning. He wakes up whenever his body is done sleeping, gets up, goes to the gym, and then goes to work. Before 8am.

I'm sorry - what?!

I had an 8am meeting on Friday, which I try to avoid whenever possible, and as I approached campus in my car, I saw scads of people walking to campus. Before 8am.

I'm sorry - what?!

Maybe this is why I'm still workin' on that ol' thesis, folks, and not graduated yet, but I have a really hard time getting up that early. Ok, so maybe going to bed earlier than I do would help - then I wouldn't feel yucky when I got up. Yeah, I think that might do it.

But really, o what a blessed thing it is to sleep! I sleep under an electric blanket, because my house is s'dang cold, and I REALLY enjoy the fact that I can preheat my bed so that by the time I climb in it is already warm. ahhh...

Perhaps the fact that I am fantasizing about sleeping and it is only noon means that I really do need to go to bed earlier...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aaaah... sleep. Where are you. I love you. I want you, too!

Grammy said...

Sleep is WONDERFUL! There are not nearly enough songs praising it's magnificence. So when my kids were little, and the EVIL alarm clock rang, I used to sing a little ditty in my head (to the Toys R us theme song tune) "I don't want to get up. I'm a "Loves her bed" MOM. There's a millions thoughts inside my head that I can dream on...."

I have never told this to a living soul before, but somehow I thought you would understand.

Danielle said...

Ah thou Blessed Sleep! 'Tis one of my favorite things, too, but sometimes I forget what it really is.... Though, when I had that beastily flu two weeks ago there was a period that I slept 21 hours straight!

I don't know, but when I was in college I could go on two-four hours a sleep everynight and still go, go, go, go! Now, I find it most arduous to get up when my alarm goes off in the morning NO MATTER HOW EARLY I went to bed the night before. Okay, so like midnight isn't all that early, but still......

Anyway, my dear Margaret, keep plugging away at that thesis. Just think how AHHH-SOME it the final, finished product will be... it will probably win you a pulitzer! ;)