So there are some NICE things about being single:
1. When I went home to that big cold empty house last night, no one complained, or even knew!, when I blasted "Dragostea din tei" (known to most of you as "the nume nume song") and danced around my dining room, singing the few Romanian words that I know and eating mint chocolate chip ice cream straight from the carton.
2. Furthermore, no one had to witness it when I belted out "Defying Gravity" and didn't QUITE hit the notes that Idina Menzel hits. I mean, please, people, I am SO not a Broadway star, and that SO shouldn't interfere with my fun. And, oh, it didn't.
3. Furthermore, even though I finished that carton of mint chocolate chip ice cream later in the night, the only one whose disappointment I'll have to deal with when it's not there to snack on tomorrow is me. And I can just go buy another carton if I feel so inclined. Budget, schmudget.
4. I can still "erg" to people, and people can still "erg" to me. Thanks, DYM! :) (And I'm REALLY sorry for whatever had you up erging at 2:39 am. Good luck...?)
5. When I'm ready for the lights to be turned off, they get turned off. And by golly, if I want to leave them on all night, that is also just up to ME. ("Did I not say, 'can-a-can?'")
Enjoy it while you can, folks!